Monday, March 3, 2014

Finger Knitting Fun

One lonely teapot on the shelf at Goodwill becomes the inspiration for a ton of finger knitting fun:

Teapot from the thrift store with yarn inside; scissors for snipping the yarn...
Simply irresistible!   The children have worked  hard to make many finger knitted creations such as bracelets, rings, and necklaces.  They also enjoy giving them as gifts to their classmates.  I love how focused their attention becomes while working with their hands in this way. 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Wonders never cease on this blog or in that classroom, I'll tell you!

    Must bank this idea for my class…(is that ok?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather - I know I've seen this somewhere else before, so I can't take any credit… Glad you like the idea and I hope you find it useful for your classroom!

    ReplyDelete